|Boeing 787, Dreamliner .. Carbon composites materials make it economical|
for capex and opex aircraft costs ..
Here is a list of the top ten international passenger aircraft in the world ..(Click here..) listed in terms of their capacity, uninterrupted flying distance, no of engines.
11. Airbus A330-300 335 (2 classes) 11750 km (2 engines)
10. Airbus A340-300 295 15000 km / 2011 (discontinued)
09. Airbus A340-500 372 15725 km /2011 (discontinued)
08. Airbus A350-900 325 (3-class) 15000 km (2 engines)
07. Boeing 787-9 280 (3 class) 14100 km (2 engines)
(Dreamliner) (My addition ..)
06. Boeing 777-200 440 14,260 km (2 engines)
05. Airbus A340-600 400 15,725 km / 2011 (discontinued)
04. Boeing 777-300 550 11,135 km (2 engines)
03. Boeing 747-400 624 13,446 km (4 engines)
02. Boeing 747-B 700 14,816 km (4 engines)
01. Airbus A380-800 880 15,200 km (4 engines)
|A390, the 6 engine prototype is ready, but are the passengers ?|
|China is slowly entering the commercial jet engines |
passenger plane market with the 2 engine Comac C919
The Chinese jet passenger aircraft Comac C919 is expected to enter Chinese airlines by 2020. It can carry upto 165 passengers for a distance of 5555 km and is twin engined. Being priced at just 50% of a comparitive Airbus or Boeing plane, will it bring great disruption in the international aviation market that is presently dominated by Boeing and Airbus.
If the reliability of the C919 now running on GE engines and Honeywell hardware can be improved, it surely will give a run for money for both Boeing and Airbus. If Asian countries decide to switch over to the low cost reliable C919, it can make air travel very much affordable for the masses, jumpstarting the aviation industry in Asia.
|Comac C919 - will it disrupt the global aerospace market ?|
This is the reason why all private airlines in US are slowly selling off their Boeing 747 aircraft and taking recourse to small Boeing 737s and Boeing 787s, which is easy to have full capacity and offers better fuel economy.
Boeing 787 Dreamliner, built majorly using Carbon composites, is lighter than other aircraft of equal capacity and hence gives better fuel efficiency and more profits for the airlines. It is the recent darling of airlines world over ..
Will HAL or Mahindra aerospace or Tata be ready with their first commercial aeroplane in the next ten years ?