10 Principles of Kaizen
The Kaizen method follows ten specific principles, which are described below:
- Improve everything continuously.
- Abolish old, traditional concepts.
- Accept no excuses and make things happen.
- Say no to the status quo of implementing new methods and assuming they will work.
- If something is wrong, correct it.
- Empower everyone to take part in problem solving.
- Get information and opinions from multiple people.
- Before making decisions, ask "why" five times to get to the root cause. (5 Why Method)
- Be economical. Save money through small improvements and spend the saved money on further improvements.
- Remember that improvement has no limits. Never stop trying to improve.