How to Use Role Play
By playing this game it becomes easy to understand the role played by the important stakeholders in taking the decision and solving the management problem. For examples, we did a role play of the TRAFFIC CONGESTION PROBLEM IN SILK BOARD JUNCTION IN BANGALORE.
The stakeholders who were taking part in the role play were the citizens, the BBMP, the DGP representing the Police and law enforcement, the representatives of the two and three wheeler and light 4 wheeler owners and the representative of the heavy multi tyre and OTR vehicles. In about an hour, the students got a grip of how the role play is enacted and brought out various dimensions and perspectives of the problem like
1. metro construction
2. most of the IT employees not taking car pooling seriously
3. no proper segregation of lanes for buses and private vehicles
4. unrestricted movement of heavy trucks and cargo vehicles blocking other vehicles movement
5. not enough width for roads
6. proposing fines on single occupant vehicles
7. providing safety for ladies in share cabs and so on.