When we identify a bottleneck, we need to ensure that -
1. all other players perform according to the beat of the bottleneck operations.
2. Concentrate on the stock of inventory (buffer) and reduce this buffer in front of the bottleneck operation
3. This buffer can be reduced by pulling certain ropes (bringing some controls) to ensure throughput in the line without any buffer.
4. Concentrate on the bottleneck station and see how the throughput can now be increased from this station
5. When we do this we will see that some other station becomes the bottle neck and inventory starts piling up in front of that station.
6. Go to step I again ..