Venue : LHW 203, Learning Centre, Central campus, Anekal, Bangalore.
If we teach today's students as we taught yesterday's, we rob them of their tomorrow - John DeweyWe communicate and teach with the help of presentation packages and more recently we use the medium of the Internet to listen to Professors and learned people from distant reputed Universities through E-learning approach and the famous Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) www.coursera.org, www.edx.org etc ...
At Alliance University we have an elearning website for the past six years. MOOCs are being developed for in-house consumption. Our main research interests prompt us to be looking at means and ways to pioneer and innovate
But is it the end in itself or can we think of more innovative ways to
- get the attention span of the student,
- get him to come to class better prepared and well read,
- get him to take part in the discussions happening in the class,
- get him to interact with peers more effectively,
- get more practical knowledge in the different areas and enrich education ...
The main objective of the workshop is two fold :
After attending the workshop the faculty member will be able to be more creative in his teaching styles and be more objective oriented in his approach.1. to develop innovative techniques in pedagogy and2. redefine some of the existing and conventional teaching methods.