Given the dynamic circumstances in which they are functioning, the structures, management capabilities, strengths and weaknesses keep changing almost on a daily basis. If last year was a great time for organisations to make profits and consolidate, this year the situation may change drastically making the organisation very vulnerable and slow in growth. It is the objective of senior management in any organisation to understand the dynamic nature of the environment in which the organisation is functioning and guide the organisation through times thick and thin.
1. When an organisation business is passing through difficult times,
2. when the economy of the country is in turmoil and reconstitution,
3. when the organisation is passing through times of trial and tribulation,
4. when the organisation needs to be recast from the beginning,
5. when the organisation needs to shift its operations to a virtually new land and territory or business sector,
6. when an organisation needs a recoup of its top senior management with an entirely fresh and experienced top management,
As Martha Mangelsdorf notes, innovations should be able to showcase how in the first instance it can help the organisation save money while at the same time provide the same quality of service with no dilution.
1. Markman, Art, Innovate during tough times, Inc.com, June 15, 2016
2. Mangelsdorf, Martha, How to innovate in tough times, MIT Sloan Management Review, Jan 20, 2009
3. Knowledge at Wharton, Finding money for Innovation, Develop those people skills, Jan 7, 2009.