Alzheimer's Disease is a progressive disease that destroys memory and other important mental functions.
|Contrasting a healthy brain and an Alzheimer Diseased (AD) brain.|
- More than 1 million cases per year (India)
- Treatment can help, but this condition can't be cured
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests or imaging not required
- Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong
- Brain cell connections and the cells themselves degenerate and die, eventually destroying memory and other important mental functions.
- Memory loss and confusion are the main symptoms.
- No cure exists, but medication and management strategies may temporarily improve symptoms.
0-2 Never 3-5 Never 6-13 Never 14-18 Never 19-40 Very rare 41-60 Rare 60+ Very common
How can one take precautions to prevent onset of AD..
Alzheimer's disease is a great monster, but it is not hard to do the proposed exercises and prevent it.
- Use the watch on the pulse opposite to the one that normally uses it.
- Brush the teeth with the opposite hand.
- Walk around the house, backward (in China, this routine is practiced in the parks).
- Dress with your eyes closed.
- Stimulate the palate with things of different flavors.
- See the photos, head down (or the photos, or you).
- Look at the time, in the mirror.
- Change the routine path to go and return home.
The idea is, to do some different things, so that you exercise the other side of your brain (the right one),