|Concorde Motors alongside Tata Motors, Dairy circle, Bangalore, India.|
What are the pre-requisites one needs to acquire and master before embarking on a journey of Total Quality Management. ?
The six critical areas where any organisation implementing TQM needs to focus is (along with tools)Great focused Leadership emphasising on the need to deliver the best quality to the customer by all counts and excellent long-term relationships with suppliers are two additional areas which are not emphasised here, but which carry great importance.
1. customer focus (feedback analysis)
2. total employee involvement (quality circles)
3. process-centred (5S, JIT, VSM)
4. continuous improvement (Kaizen) and
5. fact-based process-control (Ishikawa diagram, Pareto analysis, SQC) and
6. Communications (Visual systems and posters)
Here are three everyday activities. Take any one of these as a small project which one can take up to emphasise the importance and process of TQM
1. Everyday you take tea from the college canteen. Analyse each of the eight factors and prepare a strategic plan, how the tea stall owner can deploy TQM in his organisation and see that it thrives.
2. When you fall sick, you visit the hospital nearby. Prepare a TQM plan for the hospital, list out the tools you would use to deploy TQM in its different phases.
Click here for great ASQ TQM resources..