Muruganantham, though not highly educated, has made a big difference to society.
The business advantage once again we find is on
1. improved hygiene
2. easy availability of cheap and good quality raw materials,
|Muruganantham with his sanitary napkin making m/c|
4. low costs of raw materials and labour
5. greater reach to needy sections of society and
6. low marketing expenses
|Ladies engaged in the manufacture|
Here is his (click here) the 2013 TED talk ..
The positive point regarding this innovation is that it is meeting
|Ladies engaged in manufacture ..|
1. a great social cause of creating awareness of menstrual health, and women health in general
2. raising the confidence of women in society
3. doing all this on a self sustaining and profitable basis,
4. adding value to society and women's lives and
5. contributing to national growth
|The final end product ..|
Politicians do not share his social commitment, cannot exploit his great service to society and have nothing to gain from his service. Why should politicians recommend him for national recognition and honour ?