- Length: 395 m
- Draft: 16 m
- Owner: Mediterranean Shipping Company
- Builder: Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering
- Cost : $135 million
- Crew Strength : 35
- Named after Oscar, son of Diego Aponte, president and chief executive officer of MSC
- Deck is the size of four football pitches
- Draught (distance between bottom of hull and the boat's waterline) is 50ft (16m)
- Could carry 1.15 million washing machines
MSC Oscar of the Mediterranean Shipping Company capable of carrying 19,224 TEUs.
BBC reporting its first visit to British ports
Info reg the classification of container ships from Ultra Large Container Vessels to small feeder vessels.