Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Travel quotes, very thoughtful ..

Travel, to places far and wide, is one of the best ways to get knowledge and exposure to events and happenings around the world. I have been to a lot of places within the country and even spent a good part of my life staying at these places. I have been able to appreciate the culture and life of the different people in the country. My outlook on the country changed very much. 

I am planning to do foreign trips soon, my son already being a global traveller, so that I can understand other countries and their culture much better. No amount of reading can give you the exposure as a trip once.

Lot of my friends, who are abroad, have never made a trip to one of the seven wonders of the world from India, the Taj Mahal in Agra. Being in the country I made it a point to visit the place in 2014 with my daughter. It was a great experience and I was humbled standing in front of one of the greatest wonders of the world.

A couple of years before I got a chance to visit the Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple in Trivandrum, the richest temple of the world, now being valued at about a trillion US dollars.

Having gone through all these places, I sometimes sit back and think what the people at those places where I have visited are doing presently ? Are they grazing cattle or going on their everyday chores or greeting tourists ? Are the places still impeccably neat as it was then ? Are the airports and railway stations in the same manner even now ?

george..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Was Reliance Jio introduction a BPR exercise in India ?

Business Process Reengineering is defined as the fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to ach...

My popular posts over the last month ..