Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Ground-breaking innovation ..
Mansukhbjai Prajapathi in his innovation of Mitti-cool refrigerator has shown to the world how one can use natural methods to achieve engineering feats. Mansukhbhai has by using clay, saw dust and some additives ensured that he can give a zero expense refrigerator that can constantly ensure temperature of about 7-8 deg C lower than normal temperature under normal atmospheric pressure..
Mansukhbhai is looking for scaling up his innovation. Even though at first sight, the innovation of Mitti-cool appears very simple and obvious, what one cannot brush aside is the fact that Mitti-cool is a demonstration of using natural resources without any extra expenses, inputs or energy. Just leave it, it gets the thing what it is meant to do day in and day out. Is it not something great ? Can we think of the same philosophy in other systems ?
Mitti-cool is a very live concept in the area of cooling our natural environments which will help us in ensuring a better living environment.
Can we use the same simple and practical thoughts (without any investments in energy, added material) to ensure our transportation systems, health systems, education systems, waste handling systems, healthcare systems remain functional ?
Objectives of ground-breaking innovation :
1. Innovations are very simple, less complex and easy to handle
2. Innovations are lean in nature and have zero recurring costs either on energy, training, maintenance
3. Innovations are made of naturally and locally available materials
4. Ground-breaking innovations involve minimum costs in transportation and logistics as they are locally made
5. These innovations ensure high value to the customer or end-user because of low running costs
6. Innovations generate least waste and hence is less challenging in waste management
7. Innovations are not pushed to the customer, instead they are pulled by the customer depending on his needs, likes and wants.
8. Innovations do not end in themselves, instead are constantly innovated and managed.
The recent Infosys CEO Vishal Sikka's exit from Infosys made great news. Here are few moves from Sikka which Murthy (NRN as he is p...
My popular posts over the last month ..
Here is the list of top ten "bank defaulter" companies from India .. It is a pity and matter of great shame that all the shady c...
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
India was very fortunate to have had great PMs like Nehru and Dr. Manmohan Singh who have done yoemen service to the economy. Modi, ...
With proven, time tested and reliable capability, ISRO is getting ready to launch 103 satellites, nano, micro satellites all included, in ...
A child today can expect to change jobs at least seven times over the course of their lives – and five of those jobs don't exist yet ...
Well planned structured money laundering was carried out by our politicians before banning 500 and 1000 denomination currencies ... La...
Donald Trump appeared very balanced and mature in his victory speech. In the fast changing global scenario, democracy has once again succe...
Rajagiri HS Ernakulam, Kerala, in the late 70s, was a great place to do schooling. While at Rajagiri, I had a classmate who used to be...
When I read this Reuters report about how a 240 year old violent US culture destabilised a 4000 year culture, resulting in so much violenc...
Impact of poor British administration of India and it's aftermath Going through historical documents archived across the world, we...