1. Sustainable Site Design;
2. Water Conservation and Quality;
3. Energy and Environment;
4. Indoor Environmental Quality; and
5. Conservation of Materials and Resources.
PPT of green building ..
What is green building pdf , EPA, US gov ..
|ITC Royal Gardenia Hotel, Bangalore|
Green buildings in bangalore .. For top 10 Indian green buildings. click on the link here ..
The 11 floor ITC Royal Gardenia Hotel in Bangalore is in 4.5 acre of land, 292 rooms is considered to be the largest LEED Platinum certified hotel in the world. Delhi based Rajendar Kumar Associates and EDS have been behind this building.
The special features of the hotel include :
- Ecofriendly minibars, eco-friendly toliletries, ecofriendly spas
- recycled paper stationary
- double cladding sandwiched glass
- fly-ash bricks for construction
- roof gardens
- LED lights in banqueting areas
- Natural daylighting pockets in meeting and board rooms
- Low-flow fixtures in bathrooms
- use of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood
- water usage standard 33% less than the LEED Platinum baseline
Calculating Energy Performance Index (EPI), click here for PPT ..
Mercedes Stadium, Atlanta is the first sports stadium to be LEED Platinum certified in the world .. click here
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED India) Green Building Rating System is a nationally and internationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.
Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (Griha) is the other popular system for evaluating green buildings.
Launched by The Energy and Resources Institute, it is suitable for all kinds of buildings in different climatic zones of the country. Griha has 300 projects registered with them in the country, of which 14 are in Karnataka.