Thursday, January 28, 2016
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Welcome Babu Bhaskar to this group ..
While doing II PUC in Alleppey, we were in the same class in SD College Alleppey. In Engg at TVM, we were in same batch.
Once during holidays, Babu and our friends went for a swim in Alleppey beach. I was tossed badly in the rough Arabian Sea water and thrown on the beach with a fractured leg. Though none of us knew swimming, all others returned safe. (though we were warned not to venture into the rough waters by the local fishermen).
With a swollen leg and a hurt pride went to Alleppey medical college ortho HOD, Dr. Bhaskaran Nair ( babu's father) and all the beans got spilled there..
After a minor surgery to demo to his medical students, Dr. Bhaskaran Nair plastered my right knee and I was bedridden for two months !
I will never forget this incident in my life !!
Dr. Bhaskaran Nair was a very kind hearted person, so was Babu's mother !
Friday, January 22, 2016
Monday, January 18, 2016
Do not where globalization, capitalism, global trade, global stock markets etc are taking humanity. Will we have something like the stage set before the start of the French revolution, great inequality and then the revolution, hope not ! Lets hope the earth finds some commonly acceptable formula whereby wealth is more equitably distributed !!
Operations Strategy is the tool that helps to define the methods of producing goods or a service offered to the customer - www.wikibooks.com
Operations strategy is the total pattern of decisions which shape the long-term capabilities of any type of operations and their contribution to the overall strategy.- Slack and Lewis, Operations Strategy.
Difference between Operations Strategy and Operational Strategy
Operational Strategy is the plan of action implemented by a firm that describes how they will employ their resources in the production of a product or service. An operational strategy is a necessary element for a business and supports the firm's corporate strategy. - www.businessdictionary.com
Saturday, January 16, 2016
Does Indian airforce really need all those Dassault Rafale fighters for Rs 60,000 crores ?
Friday, January 15, 2016
Thursday, January 14, 2016
|Prof. Jagdish Sheth, humility personified.|
Prof. Jagdish Sheth, Marketing Professor at Emory University, US, is the Chairman Board of Governors of Alliance University Bangalore, India.
This time he spoke on how to build and nurture great global Universities .. I was fortunate enough to listen to him ..
How to build a world-class University
1. A University must not only be involved in knowledge dissemination, but in knowledge creation and knowledge dissemination
2. Benchmark the faculty performance to global standards - ensure global standards in content preparation and delivery and also encourage faculty to go for more global publication (in reputed peer-reviewed journals)
4. Top Universities eventually get to have a say in formulating public policies.
5. Top Universities have great global diversity, they tend to have good number of foreign students
6. Top Universities also have a strong and loyal alumni
7. Top Universities have strong world class library with world class infrastructure
8. Top Universities believe in creating a brand through differentiation ..
The University needs to do more value add, to society, the students and the industry around, not just have great students !! ( IITs in India get great students, but do we provide great value add for these brilliant students, that they finally run away to other great universities..)
Finally, the university needs to move with a strategic intent, with long term planning, to take the university to world stage and try everything in one's quiver to accomplish this...
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Monday, January 11, 2016
Friday, January 08, 2016
An ounce of action is heavier than a tonne of speech - anonymous.
Thursday, January 07, 2016
I did some calculations based on the present estimates from international agencies as to how the big three economies are growing and extrapolated it to 2050. AD. Here are my rough forecasts ..
|An earlier pic, class for Colonels at ASC .. Never in my life|
have I engaged classes with students seated in easy chairs,
but very gentlemanly in their approach .. :)
|ASC logo ..|
Some of the quotes are so relevant and thought provoking, it has the power to change even lives !! Read it, give enough thought to it, ruminate it in your minds and re-read it again and again, hopefully we should get a peep into the mind of this great man who once walked on planet earth.
1."Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
2. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."
3. "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
4."Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
5. "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."
6. "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
7. "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
8. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
9. "It's not that I am so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
10. "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
11. "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
12. "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
13. "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
14. "The only source of knowledge is experience."
15. "You never fail until you stop trying."
16. "Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them."
17. "A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for."
18. "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things."
19. "Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible."
20. It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in so doing you bring everything to the realm of possibility.
21. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
22. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
23. "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Listen to the Nobel Prize acceptance speech by Nadia Murad, 26, winner of the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize. She explains how a religious minorit...
My popular posts over the last month ..
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Alliance Uty Business School had a Conclave on Block Chain technology , a great panel discussion this morning in the first floor seminar ha...
Energy is the originator of life on earth. Without energy life cannot exist. In the modern world, the need for energy is only going t...
Edward Deming (1900-1993) is one of greatest quality and process thinkers Edwards Deming (1900-1993) is responsible in the Manag...
Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi Most tourists agree with National Geographic Traveler "10 top places of the world to visit...
No christian religious leader has ever attempted this humbling act of washing young prisoners' feet (despised by society for drug an...
The 4 engined , 2 -storey, 880 capacity A380 at take-off .. The A380 from Airbus, France was the largest passenger plane, it could...
The SELCO Foundation SDG7 for SDG8 Conference at IIM Bangalore (click here for the conf) happened yesterday 26 April 2019 and continue...
With Dr. Niharika Duggal from NH .. On the 28 Nov 2018 in Alliance University, Bangalore, along with other faculty members, staff and ...