Thursday, January 28, 2016
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Welcome Babu Bhaskar to this group ..
While doing II PUC in Alleppey, we were in the same class in SD College Alleppey. In Engg at TVM, we were in same batch.
Once during holidays, Babu and our friends went for a swim in Alleppey beach. I was tossed badly in the rough Arabian Sea water and thrown on the beach with a fractured leg. Though none of us knew swimming, all others returned safe. (though we were warned not to venture into the rough waters by the local fishermen).
With a swollen leg and a hurt pride went to Alleppey medical college ortho HOD, Dr. Bhaskaran Nair ( babu's father) and all the beans got spilled there..
After a minor surgery to demo to his medical students, Dr. Bhaskaran Nair plastered my right knee and I was bedridden for two months !
I will never forget this incident in my life !!
Dr. Bhaskaran Nair was a very kind hearted person, so was Babu's mother !
Friday, January 22, 2016
Monday, January 18, 2016
Do not where globalization, capitalism, global trade, global stock markets etc are taking humanity. Will we have something like the stage set before the start of the French revolution, great inequality and then the revolution, hope not ! Lets hope the earth finds some commonly acceptable formula whereby wealth is more equitably distributed !!
Operations Strategy is the tool that helps to define the methods of producing goods or a service offered to the customer - www.wikibooks.com
Operations strategy is the total pattern of decisions which shape the long-term capabilities of any type of operations and their contribution to the overall strategy.- Slack and Lewis, Operations Strategy.
Difference between Operations Strategy and Operational Strategy
Operational Strategy is the plan of action implemented by a firm that describes how they will employ their resources in the production of a product or service. An operational strategy is a necessary element for a business and supports the firm's corporate strategy. - www.businessdictionary.com
Saturday, January 16, 2016
Does Indian airforce really need all those Dassault Rafale fighters for Rs 60,000 crores ?
Friday, January 15, 2016
Thursday, January 14, 2016
|Prof. Jagdish Sheth, humility personified.|
This time he spoke on how to build and nurture great global Universities .. I was fortunate enough to listen to him .. Building a world-class University ..
5. Top Universities have great global diversity, they tend to have good number of foreign students
6. these universities also have a strong and loyal alumni
7. they also have strong world class library with world class infrastructure
8. they believe in creating a brand through differentiation ..
The plateauing of institutions and individuals is a great negative point which hampers the growth of both.
The University needs to do more value add, not just have great students !! ( IITs in India get great students, but do we do great value add for these brilliant students, that they finally run away to other great universities..)
Finally, the university needs to move with a strategic intent, to take the university to world stage and try everything in one's quiver to accomplish this...
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Monday, January 11, 2016
Friday, January 08, 2016
An ounce of action is heavier than a tonne of speech - anonymous.
Thursday, January 07, 2016
I did some calculations based on the present estimates from international agencies as to how the big three economies are growing and extrapolated it to 2050. AD. Here are my rough forecasts ..
|An earlier pic, class for Colonels at ASC .. Never in my life|
have I engaged classes with students seated in easy chairs,
but very gentlemanly in their approach .. :)
|ASC logo ..|
Some of the quotes are so relevant and thought provoking, it has the power to change even lives !! Read it, give enough thought to it, ruminate it in your minds and re-read it again and again, hopefully we should get a peep into the mind of this great man who once walked on planet earth.
1."Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
2. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."
3. "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
4."Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
5. "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."
6. "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
7. "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
8. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
9. "It's not that I am so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
10. "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
11. "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
12. "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
13. "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
14. "The only source of knowledge is experience."
15. "You never fail until you stop trying."
16. "Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them."
17. "A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for."
18. "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things."
19. "Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible."
20. It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in so doing you bring everything to the realm of possibility.
21. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
22. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
23. "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
S. Parameshwaran was my classmate at the College of Engineering, Trivandrum during Mechanical Engineering under-graduation days. He al...
My popular posts over the last month ..
Here is the list of top ten "bank defaulter" companies from India .. It is a pity and matter of great shame that all the shady c...
India was very fortunate to have had great PMs like Nehru and Dr. Manmohan Singh who have done yoemen service to the economy. Modi, ...
With proven, time tested and reliable capability, ISRO is getting ready to launch 103 satellites, nano, micro satellites all included, in ...
A child today can expect to change jobs at least seven times over the course of their lives – and five of those jobs don't exist yet ...
Well planned structured money laundering was carried out by our politicians before banning 500 and 1000 denomination currencies ... La...
Donald Trump appeared very balanced and mature in his victory speech. In the fast changing global scenario, democracy has once again succe...
Rajagiri HS Ernakulam, Kerala, in the late 70s, was a great place to do schooling. While at Rajagiri, I had a classmate who used to be...
When I read this Reuters report about how a 240 year old violent US culture destabilised a 4000 year culture, resulting in so much violenc...
This article on Synthite ( www.synthite.com ) is basically done from an academic view point. Spices was what enticed the Romans, the Eg...
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...