|ISRO Chmn Kiran Kumar (l) with Kunhikrishnan|
|Singapore, new baby in space !!|
There are several firsts in this flight
1. first time the fourth stage rocket was reignited after being switched off, before launching the satellites, to test the viability of launching satellites in different orbits
2. this is the 50 th launch from Sriharikotta range
3. so far 57 foreign satellites have been launched, which includes 4 US, 5 British satellites
4. this year so far, 3 Indian and 17 foreign satellites have been launched from SHAR centre
5. ISRO commercial arm, Antrix Corp has so far helped the following twenty countries to place their satellites into orbit. Great Britain, US, Algeria, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Korea, Switzerland, Singapore, Turkey and Argentina.
After my classmate P. Kunhikrishnan has taken over as Director of SHAR centre, Srikarikottta, there is renewed enthusaism and confidence in the air and we believe, ISRO is set to conquer greater heights. Our Chandrayaan 2 and solar missions which is to happen in the next three four years, is hoped will be resounding successes, putting us far ahead of the rest of the advanced nations of the world and allowing India to take permanent, peaceful leadership of the world. (though the western world would still not offer us permanent membership of the Security Council of the United Nations, which we know is a silent instrument of the western world to establish their hegemony of the world)
|The economic history of the world 2000 years back ..|
Forget US, even most of the European nations were fries then.