1. whether FB is an addiction ?
2. if one is not on FB what are the issues / problems / difficulties ?
3. if an addiction, how long can a person stay out of FB ?
Over the past one month, I can quite positively and with great determination, say that FB is not an addiction. It is at most a past-time, nothing more than that, not an obsession, wild craving, fixation, enslavement etc..
1. FB does not serve any function other then general socialising and making Zuckerberg rich
3. It can take upto 2-3 hrs of valuable time everyday for socialising
4. It does not directly help in one's professional life, other than improving the networking
5. Can pursue something worthwhile with the time, which can yield good returns in the long run, like spending tiome on self health, walking, starting some useful hobbies, reading, writing etc..
6. Continue reading and get info, the more one remains out of computers, the more is inclined to read and write. In the long run this yields definite positive results.
11. FB is not an addiction but a low IQ tool to while away time.
My advice to people who would like to lead purposeful lives is to, be on FB initially, understand what it is , its potential, its reach and influence, but at times, try to keep off its influence, by logging off. May be after a few months. if one needs to network with others, join for some time, but with a disdain for it.
You will tend to appreciate and enjoy technology and at the same time, know the limits and keep a distance without sacrificing personal goals, aims etc.