|Jack Ma, the down-to-earth e-tailer ..|
Jack Ma is the Messiah of modern day e-tailing.
From being a school teacher in english to be one of the greatest names in e-retailing of the modern world is indeed a great and envious journey. Having the vision, grit and determination to start www.alibaba.com from scratch and make it the world's largest e-retailer, three times the revenues of Amazon and Ebay combined, Jack is a global name everyone takes note of !!
Jack's famous quotes, simple, original and thoughtful. These are great resources to entrepreneurs : (credits www.yourstory.com)
Here is a Wall Street Journal writeup on Alibaba ..
1. You need the right people with you, not the best people
2. We’re never in lack of money. We lack people with dreams, (people) who can die for those dreamsThe best people cost you loads of money and their contributions can be limited. Keep the right people with you !!
Brings the reality of dreams driving humanity forward.
Go to places where fate take you !
4. Never ever compete on prices, instead compete on services and innovation.
Competing on prices is a thing of the past. How can you give more value to the customer by way of service and innovative features, uses etc. is what matters ..
5. Instead of learning from other people’s success, learn from their mistakes. Most of the people who fail share common reasons(to fail) whereas success can be attributed to various different kinds of reasons
Successes bring only the wow factor, failures are what drives us forward and see they do not recur at least in our case.
Be positive, there is always a silver lining behind every dark cloud.
7. Help young people. Help small guys. Because small guys will be big. Young people will have the seeds you bury in their minds, and when they grow up, they will change the world.
Young people are the future and hope of the world. Small guys are the people who can grow big. Plant the right seeds in them.
If I am unhappy how can I ensure my customers are happy ?
9. If you’ve never tried, how will you ever know if there’s any chance
Very true ..
Keep trying till you succeed ..
11. I don’t want people (in China) to have deep pockets but shallow minds.
Be ready to embrace new thought and culture.
Be positive of the infinite possibilities of the hum,an mind.
13. You never know that the things you’re doing are that meaningful to society.
Keep doing, one day the society will thank you for that.
Add value for the customer..!
15. You’ve got to make your team have value, innovation, and vision.
Let value and innovation be the guiding lights of your actions !
Agility and shar responses are what matter. Try to be small at all time.. Size brings lethargy.
17. Today, making money is very simple. But making sustainable money while being responsible to the society and improving the world is very difficult.
Be a responsible citizen taking care of your fellow beings and society is important.
Being focused and purposeful is the key to success.
19. A leader should have higher grit and tenacity, and be able to endure what the employees can’t.
Leadership is all about how long one is able to hold on in times of adversities.
Stay focused and don't entertain negative thoughts ....
21. You should learn from your competitor, but never copy. Copy and you die.
Learn but never ape.
Do not be short sighted !
23. Intelligent people need a fool to lead them. When the team’s all a bunch of scientists, it is best to have a peasant lead the way. His way of thinking is different. It’s easier to win if you have people seeing things from different perspectives
Variety and heterogeneity matters.
After all govt is for the people. The govt cannot stop you ..
25. Never ever do business with the government. Be in love with them, never marry them
You know the real scoundrels..
Aim to serve, not make money !
27. We should never finish a 20 year program in two year.
Haste brings waste ..
Understand your self first ..
Future holds the promise..
It is the new media to take the world forward ..
31. Life is so short, so beautiful. Don’t be so serious about work. Enjoy the lives.
Take a break at times..
Never consider complaints are a pain, they are the real blessings for improvement.