Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Google's secrets of Innovation - Susan Wojcicki, Google.
Two of the greatest companies I appreciate for innovation and changing the world beyond any recognition are Google and Apple. People of my age from the 60s, would without doubt have a lot to say how the world for them has changed compared to the previous generations iof the forties or thirties who never came across so much of change, technological, which spurred changes in many other spheres knowingly or unknowingly.
I recently happened to read an article by Susan Wojcicki, Google's Sr. VP Advertising on what are the innovative steps taken by Google to remain inovative, in spite of its size.
The points are
1. Having a real mission
2. thinking big but starting small
3. striving for continual innovation
4. looking for ideas everywhere
5. sharing everything
6. sparking imagination, fuelling with data
7. be a platform and never fail to fail.
If anyone is interested in understanding the Google version of Innovation, they are requested to read the highlighted link above.
My understanding of the greatest Google innovations as of now (both inorganic acquisitions initially) to the world are summarised here.
1. One of the greatest innovations of Google to the present day immersed in technology and miniature gadgets has been the introduction of the mobile operating System of Android. The personal computer world which was dominated by Microsoft and apple slowly started giving way to a free and effective Operating system. We also see during this time that Microsoft started losing its prominence in the tech world.
2. The second Google Innovation, has been Youtube. It changed the perception of the people to watching movies, videos, publishing oneself etc. In teaching pedagogy, it changed , along with TED talks, how people, young and aged alike, watched instructional videos and understood concepts and facts online.
Impact wise, Google has had more impact on the world than Apple.
The fact that I am able to express my opinion through this blog, blogspot is in itself a Google innovation, but it does not match up to the impact of the above two innovations.
The world is looking forward to Google continuing to serve humanity and science and technology, by bringing more innovations that will change the way we humans live on planet earth.
As engineers very much interested in technology and engineering applications and as a business school professors, we look passionately fo...
My popular posts over the last month ..
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Energy is the originator of life on earth. Without energy life cannot exist. In the modern world, the need for energy is only going t...
The SELCO Foundation SDG7 for SDG8 Conference at IIM Bangalore (click here for the conf) happened yesterday 26 April 2019 and continue...
Alliance Uty Business School had a Conclave on Block Chain technology , a great panel discussion this morning in the first floor seminar ha...
Edward Deming (1900-1993) is one of greatest quality and process thinkers Edwards Deming (1900-1993) is responsible in the Manag...
Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi Most tourists agree with National Geographic Traveler "10 top places of the world to visit...
Prof. Yuval Noah Harari of Hebrew University, Jerusalem and author of three classic best sellers on the human species, our past and our fu...
Maruti, Tata, Honda, Mahindra shut down production – Cars worth Rs 35000 Crore; two wheelers valued at Rs 17000 Crore are lying unsold. ...
Taiichi Ohno, Father of TPS Automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify it's inefficiency - Bill Gates It was gr...