Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Google's secrets of Innovation - Susan Wojcicki, Google.
Two of the greatest companies I appreciate for innovation and changing the world beyond any recognition are Google and Apple. People of my age from the 60s, would without doubt have a lot to say how the world for them has changed compared to the previous generations iof the forties or thirties who never came across so much of change, technological, which spurred changes in many other spheres knowingly or unknowingly.
I recently happened to read an article by Susan Wojcicki, Google's Sr. VP Advertising on what are the innovative steps taken by Google to remain inovative, in spite of its size.
The points are
1. Having a real mission
2. thinking big but starting small
3. striving for continual innovation
4. looking for ideas everywhere
5. sharing everything
6. sparking imagination, fuelling with data
7. be a platform and never fail to fail.
If anyone is interested in understanding the Google version of Innovation, they are requested to read the highlighted link above.
My understanding of the greatest Google innovations as of now (both inorganic acquisitions initially) to the world are summarised here.
1. One of the greatest innovations of Google to the present day immersed in technology and miniature gadgets has been the introduction of the mobile operating System of Android. The personal computer world which was dominated by Microsoft and apple slowly started giving way to a free and effective Operating system. We also see during this time that Microsoft started losing its prominence in the tech world.
2. The second Google Innovation, has been Youtube. It changed the perception of the people to watching movies, videos, publishing oneself etc. In teaching pedagogy, it changed , along with TED talks, how people, young and aged alike, watched instructional videos and understood concepts and facts online.
Impact wise, Google has had more impact on the world than Apple.
The fact that I am able to express my opinion through this blog, blogspot is in itself a Google innovation, but it does not match up to the impact of the above two innovations.
The world is looking forward to Google continuing to serve humanity and science and technology, by bringing more innovations that will change the way we humans live on planet earth.
Mukesh Ambani is India's richest industrialist, though Reliance family is second to Tata Sons as the largest business conglomerate i...
My popular posts over the last month ..
Here is the list of top ten "bank defaulter" companies from India .. It is a pity and matter of great shame that all the shady c...
India was very fortunate to have had great PMs like Nehru and Dr. Manmohan Singh who have done yoemen service to the economy. Modi, ...
With proven, time tested and reliable capability, ISRO is getting ready to launch 103 satellites, nano, micro satellites all included, in ...
A child today can expect to change jobs at least seven times over the course of their lives – and five of those jobs don't exist yet ...
Well planned structured money laundering was carried out by our politicians before banning 500 and 1000 denomination currencies ... La...
Donald Trump appeared very balanced and mature in his victory speech. In the fast changing global scenario, democracy has once again succe...
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Rajagiri HS Ernakulam, Kerala, in the late 70s, was a great place to do schooling. While at Rajagiri, I had a classmate who used to be...
When I read this Reuters report about how a 240 year old violent US culture destabilised a 4000 year culture, resulting in so much violenc...
This article on Synthite ( www.synthite.com ) is basically done from an academic view point. Spices was what enticed the Romans, the Eg...