Tuesday, December 09, 2014
How I intend to give back to the IIT system ..
I do not have money to throw for IIT like Gururaj Deshpande gave to IIT Chennai.
But I have the commitment to give back to the IIT system and to the government for giving me an opportunity to complete my higher studies at IIT Bombay.
Let me list out the ways in which I can do that.
There is a false notion doing rounds that one works only for oneself. Get a good cushy job, make money, live a happy l;ife, unmindful of the society around you. But that doe not work.
Let me do it this way. I am sure many people may have different opinion. I respect that.
1. Take a job which serves the society. By serving society we are helping the government.
2. Have concern for society and fellow human beings
3. Be patient if things do not go the way you want to. By just holding on, you can change things to the best interests of the society.
4. Help colleagues and subordinates with the right advice and information, when things appear to go topsy turvy.
5. Keep oneself up-to-date with the right, balanced, impartial information, not corrupted by any bias of region, religion or caste.
6. Exercise greatest sincerity to what you do and do it with all concern for fellow unfortunate human beings in society
7. Promise that whatever I/we do, societal interests are always superior , then comes private interests.
8. Firmly hold to the belief that even a single person can do his mite to improve society and do not give up on this hope.
9. Do not get complacent with what one has achieved. we can strive to achieve lot more.
Together let us build the India that will lead the world for the next two centuries or more.
Mukesh Ambani is India's richest industrialist, though Reliance family is second to Tata Sons as the largest business conglomerate i...
My popular posts over the last month ..
Here is the list of top ten "bank defaulter" companies from India .. It is a pity and matter of great shame that all the shady c...
India was very fortunate to have had great PMs like Nehru and Dr. Manmohan Singh who have done yoemen service to the economy. Modi, ...
With proven, time tested and reliable capability, ISRO is getting ready to launch 103 satellites, nano, micro satellites all included, in ...
A child today can expect to change jobs at least seven times over the course of their lives – and five of those jobs don't exist yet ...
Well planned structured money laundering was carried out by our politicians before banning 500 and 1000 denomination currencies ... La...
Donald Trump appeared very balanced and mature in his victory speech. In the fast changing global scenario, democracy has once again succe...
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Rajagiri HS Ernakulam, Kerala, in the late 70s, was a great place to do schooling. While at Rajagiri, I had a classmate who used to be...
When I read this Reuters report about how a 240 year old violent US culture destabilised a 4000 year culture, resulting in so much violenc...
This article on Synthite ( www.synthite.com ) is basically done from an academic view point. Spices was what enticed the Romans, the Eg...