Tuesday, December 09, 2014
How I intend to give back to the IIT system ..
I do not have money to throw for IIT like Gururaj Deshpande gave to IIT Chennai.
But I have the commitment to give back to the IIT system and to the government for giving me an opportunity to complete my higher studies at IIT Bombay.
Let me list out the ways in which I can do that.
There is a false notion doing rounds that one works only for oneself. Get a good cushy job, make money, live a happy l;ife, unmindful of the society around you. But that doe not work.
Let me do it this way. I am sure many people may have different opinion. I respect that.
1. Take a job which serves the society. By serving society we are helping the government.
2. Have concern for society and fellow human beings
3. Be patient if things do not go the way you want to. By just holding on, you can change things to the best interests of the society.
4. Help colleagues and subordinates with the right advice and information, when things appear to go topsy turvy.
5. Keep oneself up-to-date with the right, balanced, impartial information, not corrupted by any bias of region, religion or caste.
6. Exercise greatest sincerity to what you do and do it with all concern for fellow unfortunate human beings in society
7. Promise that whatever I/we do, societal interests are always superior , then comes private interests.
8. Firmly hold to the belief that even a single person can do his mite to improve society and do not give up on this hope.
9. Do not get complacent with what one has achieved. we can strive to achieve lot more.
Together let us build the India that will lead the world for the next two centuries or more.
Eliyahu Goldratt first proposed Theory of Constraints as an effective LEAN production management philosophy. At Alliance University Bangalo...
My popular posts over the last month ..
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Japanese have named their top quality prize after Deming, Deming Prize Deming is one of greatest quality and process thinkers ...
Boeing 787, Dreamliner .. Carbon composites materials make it economical for capex and opex .. Supply Chain Management is not only con...
PC Mustafa is an ordinary village boy from Chennalodu village in Wayanad, Kerala, India. But he had a definite aim in life, to achi...
Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi Most tourists agree with National Geographic Traveler "10 top places of the world to visit...
Henry Ford and Edison (L-R), Two of the greatest technology leaders of all time.. Friday 6 April was a very active day for stud...
Drip Irrigation - the basics We have heard of how Israeli agricultural scientists turned the deserts of Sinai into greenland...
Business Process Reengineering is defined as the fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to ach...