25 Facebook Facts and Statistics ( courtesy guardian.co.uk)
1. 30 million businesses now have a Facebook Fan Page.
2. 19 million businesses have optimized their Fan Page for mobile.
3. Businesses are paying 122% more per ad unit on Facebook than they did just a year ago.
4. 1.5 million businesses now spend money on Facebook ads.
5. 399 million Facebook users only use Facebook on mobile each month.
6. 829 million people use Facebook on a daily basis
7. 654 million people use Facebook on mobile on a daily basis, an increase from 609 million last quarter.
8. 1.32 billion people log on to Facebook at least once each month, an increase from 1.28 billion last quarter.
9. 63% of Facebook users engage on a daily basis.
10. 1.07 billion people use Facebook on their mobile device each month, an increase from 1.01 billion last quarter.
11. The average Facebook user spends 40 minutes a day on the platform.
12. 12b messages are sent per day through Facebook.
13. Facebook messenger is used by 250 million people each month.
14. Instagram is used by 200 million people each month.
15. Businesses spent $2.66 billion on Facebook advertising, an increase from $2.27 billion last quarter.
16. Mobile advertising revenue represented 62% of advertising revenue during the second quarter of 2014, a 41% increase year over year.
17. Facebook users bought $234 million dollars worth of virtual goods and gifts on Facebook over the last quarter.
18. Facebook engagement topped 1 billion during the world cup.
19. Twice as many people now watch videos on Facebook in their feed compared to just six months ago.
20. The majority ($1.175B) of Facebook’s revenue comes from US and Canada with Europe in a close second at $757 million.
21. Facebook made an average of $6.44 from US and Canadian users in Q2 compared to $.86 from the rest of the world (total revenue divided by total user base).
22. Facebook made $1.39 billion in net income during the second quarter of 2014. 23. People search 1 billion times per day on Facebook.
24. From June 12-July 13 th 350 million people joined the conversation on Facebook related to the world cup generating 3 billion interactions (posts, comments, and likes).
25. 80% of the top apps on iOS and Android use Facebook Login