Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
3. Wikipdedia gives lot of info ..
4. 10 steps to developing an online course ..
5. Google Open Online Education site
Monday, July 07, 2014
In two decades, Creative destruction would cause University and Institutional incomes around the world to fall by 30%, 700 Universities world over would get shut down and the rest would need to reinvent themselves..
The poor responsibility of the teaching faculty who have a safe and secure job for life, makes many a student migrate to private Institutions where even though one pays a bit more, there is accountability on the teaching faculty to ensure an environment nourishing and intellectually enriching for the students. The migration of quality, experienced staff from government funded institutions to private institutions on promise of high pay and perks, have forced many of the best faculty to move out taking with them bright students too. This move away from subsidised government funded higher education to private education is quite disturbing in higher education as this is bound to drive up costs of higher education in the developing countries too.
MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Caltech etc are good examples of the same even in US, not to mention of countries like India where Manipal group, Amity, Alliance, SRM, VIT private Universities are surging ahead of government run institutions.
Technology is going to be the third greatest disrupting factor in the global education scenario. The new media of education is going to be over the Internet. Like MOOC ( Massive Open Online Courses) have started giving students from across geographical boundaries a cheap and effective way to assimilate knowledge and earn credits and degrees, innovation coming from across the world will see new means of getting knowledge and accumulating credits.
The link on Battushig ..
Better be prepared by indulging in this innovative experience than be left out..
Friday, July 04, 2014
2. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/02/toyota-visit-on-1-feb-2013-ten-points.html - 2013 visit , concepts
3. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2011/02/lean-manufacturing-at-toyota-bangalore.html - 2011 visit, concepts
4. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/01/toyotas-first-car-1936.html - Toyota first popular model
5. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/01/toyota-plant-in-japan.html - toyota processes on the shopfloor
6. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/04/top-5-top-selling-cars-of-all-time.html – top 5 selling cars of all time ..
7. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/08/andons-relevance.html - relevance of Andons
8. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/12/toyotas-top-5-secrets.html - toyota’s top 5 secrets
9. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2014/04/finally-toyota-is-also-taking-out-its.html - bringing humans back to the shopfloor
10. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2012/09/the-business-giants-of-world-and-their.html - business giants of the world
11. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/07/colours-and-japanese-life.html - colours and the Japanese culture
12. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2010/02/toyota-has-lessons-for-world.html - toyota lessons on standardization
13. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2012/10/mr-ramesh-vp-toyota-in-alliance.html - Ramesh san in Alliance
14. http://george-easaw.blogspot.in/2013/04/toyotas-next-frontiers-energy-and-green.html - Toyota’s sustainability initiatives
It took 13 years for Jeff Immelt to come out of the shadow of Jack Welch, the CEO of a company founded by thomas alva edison in 1892 .. a good strategy study
An interesting leadership style study of two of the greatest managers of a great company. It also talks of their research thrust in the coming years ..
Wednesday, July 02, 2014
As different from the earlier environmentally damaging horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing (fracking) process, the new process cooks the shale rocks in oxygen-free retorts (above ground) to separate the oil and gas (energy intensive) while Shell in a new method is experimenting with a less environmentally damaging method of electrical heating of the shale rocks underground to extract the oil. This is not only more economical, it is more environmentally friendly too. They have met with some degree of success.
Will these new technologies of extracting fossil fuels from wells and rocks stunt the development of alternate sources of energy in an energy-starved world ??
Tuesday, July 01, 2014
The Govt. College of Engineering, (my proud alma mater) in Trivandrum Kerala (CET) is celebrating its 75th birthday today. (second only to anna univ in south india)
With my friends I wish all the best for CET in the coming years !! Good wishes to the birthday boy from all my friends from CET !!
Dr. Sukanya explaining the finer aspects of Data Visualisation in R Today 19 July 2019, Business school and Engineering school of Alli...
My popular posts over the last month ..
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Energy is the originator of life on earth. Without energy life cannot exist. In the modern world, the need for energy is only going t...
Alliance Uty Business School had a Conclave on Block Chain technology , a great panel discussion this morning in the first floor seminar ha...
Edward Deming (1900-1993) is one of greatest quality and process thinkers Edwards Deming (1900-1993) is responsible in the Manag...
The SELCO Foundation SDG7 for SDG8 Conference at IIM Bangalore (click here for the conf) happened yesterday 26 April 2019 and continue...
Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi Most tourists agree with National Geographic Traveler "10 top places of the world to visit...
Prof. Yuval Noah Harari of Hebrew University, Jerusalem and author of three classic best sellers on the human species, our past and our fu...
The 4 engined , 2 -storey, 880 capacity A380 at take-off .. The A380 from Airbus, France was the largest passenger plane, it could...
Taiichi Ohno, Father of TPS Automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify it's inefficiency - Bill Gates It was gr...