Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Salman Khurshid, Dr Zakir Hussain and Kejriwal ..
Salman Khurshid is now in the eye of a storm related to an NGO he has been floating these years and getting govt funds to fund it. It is pathetic that Dr Zakir Hussain's name is being unfairly dragged into this controversy by Salman Khurshid. Nobody doubts Salman's ill intentions, but the fact that he tries to take cover for his ill devised actions behind noble souls is the curse of our society.
I have a few questions to ask the govt or the commissioner who decides to give money to these NGOs.
1. How many NGOs in the country get funding to the tune of Rs 70 lakhs ?
2. Did Salman Khurshid's proximity to the corridors of power help him get so much money for the NGO ?
3. If Kejriwal's revelations are true, then why is Salman Khurshid trying to run from facing Kejriwal ?
4. Final one, has Salman Khurshid grown in intellectual stature to match up to Kejriwal ?
5. As his ministerial colleague commented, Salman would not indulge in such petty activities staking his reputation for 71 lakhs of rupees, (if it was 71 crores, there is some meaning), what does that convey of the intention of the political elite in the country ?
The country needs answers from the political leaders ? Let the people remind them yet again, India is no banana republic !!
As a public spirited citizen, Kejriwal has all right to raise in fora issues which involve our tax money. No one can stop him, The whole country is behind Kejriwal's attempts to hound these birdbrains and chase them till they give up their ill-used and misused public positions ..
Interesting graphic. Should'nt US be ashamed of itself for promoting irresponsible development ? US average Carbon footprint...
My popular posts over the last month ..
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Rajagiri HS Ernakulam, Kerala, in the late 70s, was a great place to do schooling. While at Rajagiri, I had a classmate who used to be...
This article on Synthite ( www.synthite.com ) is basically done from an academic view point. Spices was what enticed the Romans, the Eg...
What a couple gave back to nature and wildlife .. The 300 acre private forest wildlife sanctuary comes up after 25 years of hard work...
It will be 18 months by mid February 2017 since Kochi international airport in Kerala, the third largest in India with a built up space of ...
To who does Jack Ma Alibaba founder give credit to for helping change his outlook on life ? a great example of how mentorship can...
The inter-state traveling public In Bangalore are put to great hardships by the private bus operators who fleece them with high charges dur...
My sister once told me to read the quotes of the day one gets at Forbes.com site as one logs in for the first time on any day. Forb...