1. Pavbhaji, sanman hotel in ponda ..
2. A fruit vendor in panjim .., notce the home fried big cashew nuts for sale.. For Rs 10.00, you get anywhere from 3 to 5.
3. Fish curry rice, in an old hotel in ponda
|How To Make Pav Bhaji|
Potatoes – 3 cups, diced small
Cauliflower – 2 cups, finely chopped
Frozen Green Peas – 1 cup
Carrots – ½ cup, diced small
Salt – 1 tsp (to taste)
Haldi(Turmeric) – ¼ tsp
Water – 2 cups
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) – ½ tsp
Hing (Asofoetida) – pinch
Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp (to taste)
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 tsp, minced
Ginger – 2 tsp, minced
Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
Tomato Sauce – ½ cup (1/2 of 8 oz. can)
Pav Bhaji Masala – 2 tsp (to taste)
Dhania Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – ½ tsp (to taste)
Cilantro – 5 sprigs, chopped (for garnishing)
Recipe of Goan fish curry ..
2 tblsp ginger paste
1 tblsp malt vinegar
2 pomfret fish
1/2 cup coconut scraped
6 red chillies whole
2 tblsp oil
2 green chillies
2 tblsp coriander seeds
1 small tomato
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1 small onion
- Clean, wash and cut each fish into 5-6 pieces.
- Cut onions and tomatoes.
- Slit green chillies and cut into half.
- Roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and whole red chillies.
- Make a fine paste of all the roasted spices along with scraped coconut, ginger and garlic paste and malt vinegar.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Mix in cut onions and stir fry till golden brown.
- Mix in green chillies and cut tomatoes.
- Stir fry on a medium heat up for 3 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Mix in the paste and 11/2 cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil and then mix in fish pieces and salt.
- Stir fry on a low heat up for about 5 minutes or till fish is just done.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.