Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Why is 2008 considered to be an eventful year compared to earlier years ??
Can we forget Bjindra's gold, Chandraayan or 123 agreement ?? Here is a compilation of some of the major events in the political, economic and sports arena in India and the world which I felt have motivated or have had lasting impact on the world as of now or on future events to come .
1. Al-QaedaLashkar-e-Taiba - gets more violent, the Mumbai blasts and terrorists killing and holding hostages at major points in Mumbai like CST, Hotel Taj, Hotel Trident, Chabad House, Cama Hospital etc.. has been shocking.
2. The 123 Nuclear agreement with US was a land mark deal.
3. Obama becomes the first non-white man to be elected as the President of US
Science and Technology :
1. ISRO's Chandraayan reaches moon ..
1. The sub-prime crisis in US rattles economies and share markets all over the world.
2. Madoff dupes investors of $ 50 billions
3. The rise and fall of oil prices - from $157 to $ 45
1. China holds one of the most extravagant and exciting Olympics of all time in Beijing....
2. Phelps breaks Mark Spitzs' record of seve golds by getting 8 golds in an Olympics.
3. Husain Bolt of Jamaica becomes the fastest man on earth running 100 m in 9.69 sec.
4. Vish Anand becomes the World Champion in Chess for the third time, getting i the league of Garry Kasporov, Bobby Fisher ...
5. Abhinav Bhindra gets the first gold in Rifle shooting for India at the Olympics.
This morning at Alliance University, Bangalore, we had a great discussion about the coffee supply chain in the MBA sem 2, Supply Chain c...
My popular posts over the last month ..
These malayalam proverbs (invaluable diamonds of wisdom) have been collected from eyyal.blogspot.com and other sources on the Intern...
Energy is the originator of life on earth. Without energy life cannot exist. In the modern world, the need for energy is only going t...
The SELCO Foundation SDG7 for SDG8 Conference at IIM Bangalore (click here for the conf) happened yesterday 26 April 2019 and continue...
Alliance Uty Business School had a Conclave on Block Chain technology , a great panel discussion this morning in the first floor seminar ha...
Edward Deming (1900-1993) is one of greatest quality and process thinkers Edwards Deming (1900-1993) is responsible in the Manag...
Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi Most tourists agree with National Geographic Traveler "10 top places of the world to visit...
Prof. Yuval Noah Harari of Hebrew University, Jerusalem and author of three classic best sellers on the human species, our past and our fu...
Maruti, Tata, Honda, Mahindra shut down production – Cars worth Rs 35000 Crore; two wheelers valued at Rs 17000 Crore are lying unsold. ...
The 4 engined , 2 -storey, 880 capacity A380 at take-off .. The A380 from Airbus, France was the largest passenger plane, it could...